So, what’s your cat getting for Christmas this year? If you’re like most cat people, you’re looking for toys, and you’re buying them online.
The most reviewed cat toy on Amazon: The Catit Design Senses Play Circuit, a long “peek-boo-track” with a colorful ball inside.
Going To The Dogs
Amazon’s Top Ten
- Fashion’s Talk Cat Toys Variety Pack: A collection of catnip toys, balls and a wand toy.
- SmartyKat Skitter Critters Catnip Mice: Three mice come in one package.
- KONG Naturals Crinkle Cat Toy: Two fish make a crinkly sound and have long feather tails.
- Cat Charmer: A long piece of fabric for kitty to chase is attached to the wand of this popular toy.
- KONG Cat Cozie Kickeroo: This is an 8.5″ long catnip kicker made from plush fabric.
- Catit Designs Play Circuit: The Play Circuit has almost 4,000 reviews on Amazon!
- SmartyKat Feather Whirl: This electronic toy looks like fun if your cat likes feathers.
- PETFAVORITES Original Mylar Crinkle Balls: Most cats love Mylar crinkle balls, but these may not be the best choice. Read the reviews before you buy.
Tip For Christmas Shopping For Cats
- Make sure the toys are big enough for adult cats. Many toys, especially the bat and swat toys that you put on the floor for the cats to play with themselves, are designed for kittens, not adults.
- Cats don’t care whether their play mice have eyes and bells, and sewn-on eyes and bells can be a choking hazard.
- Look for toys that are durable and well-made. There’s nothing more frustrating than catching a “mouse” and having it fall apart at the seams.
- Avoid toys that are filled with nutshells, beans or polystyrene beads. These, too, could be a choking hazard if the toy falls apart.